Sunday 22 November 2020

The Twins

I could never speak in two's before.
But now I can separate the I and the I.
The I who's comfortably numb and
The I who's ardently ambitious. 


The ' I ' and ' I 'are separated by a veil.
A transparent veil as flimsy as the one that separates me from my hallucinations.. 

The ' I ' who is stuck in the arms of yesterday, The ' I ' who missed the train, The ' I ' who's sleeping on cold railway tracks, ears pressed to the rail, awaiting  the rumble. 

The other ' I ' who's ferocious, The ' I ' whose vanity so high that it keeps away all in securities, The ' I ' who's so fearless and faithful. The ' I ' who's pride hurts in every passing hour of monotony. 

Caught in the middle,
I put them both to sleep. 
Tuck them away. 
I watch them sleep peacefully, 
legs entangled, heads touching. 
Right at that I moment  I knew, 
I'd failed. 
How much I ever try how can I separate the ' I ' and the ' I '? 



No comments:

Post a Comment